Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Racism

I chose a story i can relate to, which would be the African American's experience when he went into a store. He bought a shirt and while walking out a security officer searched him. My experience didn't quite happen like this but it was somewhat familiar. When i went to a store with a bunch of my friends i noticed this one person being around us in different locations. Once we got what we had to buy and payed for it at the door that same guy stoped us and asked if he can see our purse. Once he was done searching he let us go. I guess he thought we were going to steal something. This guys experience made him feel down. This made him feel like this because he was thought of a thief only because he was black.

4 comments:

  1. Hey elvia i very much liked your post and i think you and your friends handled the sistuation very well. Good for you elvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'VE HAVE THE SAME FAMILIAR SITUATION..AND YES I'VE GOT TO AGREE WITH ASHLEY YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS HANDLED THE SITUATION VERY WELL.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to her because it has happend to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like what you wrote about racism it was awsome

    ReplyDelete